Hi,

I have a data frame which format is like below:-

        X     Y     Z
131 22.2 3.4   4.4
150  20.0 12.2 4.5

etc...

And I have sorted the data frame. However, I would like to grab one of these
elements in the data frame. Also, i would like to number these rows so that
when i grab a particular line let say 150, it is able to return me the
position of the row rather than the "150". Let say in this example, when i
grab a value of 150, it gives me 2 rather than 150.

I tried to add anohter extra column of number which is  data$NUMBER =
row.names(data) on the sorted data but it seems not giving what I wanted
which is the "position" of the row 150.

Please advise. Thanks.