Since Frederico indeicated he was running a script, rather than a
function, I suspect that he would be better served by the

        quit("no")

function.

  Jun 2, 2008, at 5:15PM , Rolf Turner wrote:

> On 3/06/2008, at 1:18 AM, Federico Abascal wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is likely an stupid question, but I cannot find the solution.
> > I am searching for an "exit" function, to end the execution of an R
> > script if some condition is not filled.
> > Any clue?
>
> Others have suggested using stop().  It might be the case that the
> condition not being fulfilled is not actually a sign of an error,
> but simply of a different, perhaps ``marginal'' situation in which
> a different sort of action or calculation is required.  In which
> case what you want is return().
>
> Trivial e.g.:
>
> foo <- function(x) {
>         if(any(x<=0)) return(42)
>         y <- sum(log(x))
> }
>
>         cheers,
>
>                 Rolf Turner

> guide.html

Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Center for Biodefence Immune Modeling
    and
Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology
University of Rochester