Hi:
    I loaded  the LARS package,and input: data(diabetes),load the embedded
data
   then I found the varialbes are in this form:

    x.age,x.bmi......(10 of them),X2.age,X2.bmi....(64 of them)
   When I input x,R gave me all 10 varialbes,and input X2,it gave me 64
variables,but if I input x.age,it returned nothing,I wonder how to affiliate
those subvariable such as x.age,x.bmi to x,since I create a table,name the
variable x.1,x,2 ,it came to nothing when I input x.
  I have never seen this before,can someone give me some keyword ,so I can
search online,thank you very much.