On 07/30/2014 05:00 AM, r-help-requ...@r-project.org wrote:
A while ago, I inquired about fitting excess relative risk models in R. This is
a follow-up about what I ended up doing in case the question pops up again.

While I was not successful in using standard tools, switching to Bayesian
modeling using rstan (mc-stan.org/rstan.html) worked better. The results
closely match those from Epicure.

Using the data here:http://dwoll.de/err/dat.txt
The stan model fit below replicates the results from Epicure
here:http://dwoll.de/err/epicure.log

Of course I am still interested in learning about other options or approaches.

Daniel

A good paper on issues and solutions is Lumley, Kronmal and Ma,  2006,
Relative Risk Regression in Medical Research: Models, Contrasts, Estimators,
and Algorithms