Dear Gang Chen;

The .Rprofile is loaded from the startup directory. Terminal.app will start up in /Applications/ while your R.app session appears to be starting in a different directory. (We don't know what your startup directories are.) I'm using R.app in /Applications/ so my .Rprofile has the same effect regardless of whether I run from R.app or from a bash console.

See this portion of the Mac-FAQ:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#The-current-and-startup-working-directories

 See ?Startup for more specifics that are generic to all R versions: