If you read the documentation for that package you will find that the answer is
no, for the simple reason that it doesn't do input or output. It does help you
with conversions between POSIXt types, and can help figure out which days are
holidays or weekends, but you need the date in character format to start.

For reading in CSV data I use as.is=TRUE or stringsAsFactors=FALSE in my call
to read.csv. For reading xls files I have had difficulties, which is why I
prefer to export Excel data to CSV before reading it into R.  One XLConnect bug
workaround I have used is to convert the timestamp column into character using
as.character with specified format and then back using as.POSIXct and a
specified timezone, but it was borne of desperation and may not always be
necessary or even sufficient.

Please post using plain text rather than HTML format on this list. Only you can
prevent your postings from being garbled.
DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing