On 10/6/2014 6:36 AM, S Ellison wrote:
Duncan Murdoch said:
environment(arima) <- environment(stats::arima)
Doh!, in a word.

That is a really useful trick; same effect as copying and fooling about with
body() to get an object with the right environment, but I'd completely
overlooked the fact that you can assign an environment from one object directly
to another object.

This kind of thing is exactly what makes watching R-help so worthwhile.

This is in Hadley's Advanced R (http://adv-r.had.co.nz/). This book is excellent. (I learned a lot from it, and I've been using R and S-Plus almost daily for over 20 years; if I'm not mistaken, he still accepts suggestions for changes via GitHub). Spencer Graves

S Ellison