Thanks.The code you gave me at the end works correctly.. I was wondering if
there is more efficient way to access each element withouth this classic for
loop.
RegardsAlex

     On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 5:54 PM, David Winsemius
<dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:34 AM, Alaios via R-help wrote:

> Dear all,I have a R structure that was created with replicate.The data sets
> looks to be a matrix with each cell being a list.
> str(error_suburban_0[,1],max.level=1)
> List of 4
> $ vaR      :List of 20
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "variogram"
> $ Shadowing:List of 2
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "geodata"
> $ FIT      :List of 1
> $ propmodel:List of 12
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "lm"
>

> The error_suburban is a matrix that each field so
> error_suburban_0[,1], error_suburban_0[,2], error_suburban_0[,3],
> error_suburban_0[,4],... and so on,  contains the four sublists
> $ vaR      :List of 20
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "variogram"
> $ Shadowing:List of 2
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "geodata"
> $ FIT      :List of 1
> $ propmodel:List of 12
>  ..- attr(*, "class")= chr "lm"
>

> I would like to pick for each of these matrix elements to collect only the
> $Shadowing sublist
> error_suburban_0[,1], error_suburban_0[,2], error_suburban_0[,3],
> error_suburban_0[,4]... and so on
>
> Right now I am implementing this by a for loop that access each matrix
> element sequentially.

It would have been better to show the results of dim() or dput(). Matrix
objects (which are capable of holding lists) should be accessible with either a
single or double argument to "[". This should deliver contents:

for (i in 1:4)  print(  error_suburban_0[i]$Shadowing )

If the matrix has 4 or more rows, then that would be accessing only from the
first column. If fewer than 4 rows, you would be wrapping around to later
columns.

--
David.

> Can you please advice me if there is a better approach to do that in R?
> Regards
> Alex
>

>     [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

This is a plain text mailing list. Please reconfigure your email client to sent
in plain text.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA