It would really help to have some sample data to see what is happening.  The
best way to supply data to the help group is to use dput().  Type >dput for
some basic information on using it

Have a look at and/or
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
  for some hints. For this last link it is a good idea to follow the "
reproducible example  " link for more concrete suggestions.

By the way calling a data.frame "data" is not a good idea.  Data is a
predefined function in R . Type ?data to see what I mean.
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada