Check out this previous post from years ago.

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/00a/2237.html

Bill> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:38:03 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
r-help@r-project.org> Subject: [R] overall title> > I have a 2x2 plot set up
using: par(mfrow=c(2,2))> I'd like to put an overall title on the page, but I
cannot figure out how. Any ideas?> > > [[alternative HTML version deleted]]> >
minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.