According to "R Graphics" by Paul Murrell, the coordinates that were used for
the
most recent lattics plot can be retrieved with "native" units.

I have difficulties to access these coordinates. The following code renders the following results:

library(grid)
library(lattice)
pl <- xyplot(1:10 ~ 10:1)
print(pl)
convertX(unit(.9, "npc"), "native")
[1] 605.7native
R.version
_ platform i686-pc-linux-gnu arch i686 os linux-gnu system i686, linux-gnu status major 3 minor 0.2 year 2013 month 09 day 25 svn rev 63987 language R version.string R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
nickname       Frisbee Sailing

I had expected something around 9.5 in native coordinates. Which coordinate
system do I have to address instead?

--
Johannes Hüsing