I think that if you do ?write.csv and then page down to the section
entitled CSV files the mystery will be solved for you in the first few paragraphs.

On 16/08/2015 15:38, Jinsong Zhao wrote:
Hi there,

I notice that write.csv is a wrap of write.table. However, I can't get
the same results using both functions. Here is a reproducible example:

 > x <- matrix(1:6, nrow =2)
 > rownames(x) <- letters[1:2]
 > colnames(x) <- LETTERS[1:3]
 > write.csv(x, "")
"","A","B","C"
"a",1,3,5
"b",2,4,6
 > write.table(x, "", sep = ",")
"a",1,3,5
"b",2,4,6

The difference of outputs from both functions is clear.

Is it possible to get the same results of write.csv using write.table?

Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Jinsong

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html