Bert Gunter

is certainly not wisdom."
   -- Clifford Stoll

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 9:06 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> On Aug 19, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Joaquín Aldabe <joaquin.ald...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All, I´m running a glm with poisson errors and have a doubt when
>> ploting the predicted values. One of my variables has a positive slope in
>> the summary output, but when I plot the predicted values on the original
>> plot it draws a line with negative slope. I appreciate your comments on
>> this and any other aspect of the analysis.
>>
>> Attached is the script and data in different formats just in case.
>
> The script in .txt format was accepted by the server. The data was apparently
> not in a .txt format, so it was rejected.
>
> You made three plots, so when you reply with data using the correct format
> (which is plain text and generally need to have an extension .txt so that
> mail client will lable as MIME-text) , you should be more specific about
> which plots are not exhibiting the expected features.
>
> I noticed you made two data-frames, ‘my4s' and ‘my4S'. The `my4S` was built
> with `cbind` which would create a matrix (probably a character matrix) rather
> than a data frame.

False. There is a data.frame method for cbind that returns a data
frame. Don't know the specifics here, though.

Cheers,
Bert

 I’m wondering you you inadvertently constructed a data-object whose
structure was different than you imagined? It might have gotten
coerced back to a dataframe with undesirable concsequences.