On 28/09/2015 4:23 AM, Ali M. wrote:
I am new to R
And while learning the language inside the dev tools is easy and fun

I wonder how R applications are deployed and distributed to the typical
business users

Typically as web applications, rather than standalone executables.

I searched online of course and found some commercial options
The revolution r enterprise platform
Shiny r server from the makers of r-studio
There was also a video on youtube about a company wrapping their R
application in tcl/tk gui apps

But what else is available, what are the best practices ? is there free
alternatives to the commercial options i mentioned above?

Shiny is free. You can pay them to run the server hosting your application and give you access to support, but you don't need to do that if you don't mind running it yourself and asking the community for help. I'm not familiar with the others.

Duncan Murdoch