On 23/11/2015 7:45 AM, Stefan Evert wrote:

On 23 Nov 2015, at 11:50, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.dun...@gmail.com> wrote:

  The OSX binary version of rgl on CRAN is ancient.  You'll need to reinstall
it from source for a current one.

Since you bring up this point: any chance of getting Mac binaries from CRAN
again?

You would have to ask them.  I don't know why they aren't building it.

Duncan Murdoch

Rgl is a particularly nice tool because of its portability, and requiring users to install Xcode and Xquartz first makes life a lot harder for non-technical users.

This is compounded by the fact that the automatic configuration is easily
broken. I have been unable to install rgl from source for some time on
Mavericks, and have now discovered that this was due to a HomeBrew-installed
imake in /usr/local.

Perhaps it would make sense always to use the well-known standard XQuartz paths
on Mac and only consider other locations if explicitly asked for by the user?

Best,
Stefan