Thanks for getting back to me.  None of them work, because I’m trying to use
the string in the function  call - myfun(z, “string”) to replace the empty
space in ggtitle.

When I call myfun(z, gsub(“______”, “string (or any word)”, myfun), I get an
error msg because gsub is looking for a data frame, not a function.

Paste or paste0 doesn’t work, either because I still have to replace the space
in ggtitle with something.

In short, I want to put another argument into the function that will enable me
to call it and fill that space.

I’m stumped.

Ken
kmna...@gmail.com