Dear Samsad,

The usual use of the arcsine transformation for proportions is
arcsine-squareroot. Thus, in R, for proportions in p,  you can use
asin(sqrt(p)).

You could have found the asin() function yourself in several ways, including
help.search("arcsin"), which turns up the help page for trigonometric
functions.

As well, the logit transformation, log(p/(1 - p)), is usually preferred to the
arcsine-squareroot transformation for proportions because the former is
unbounded.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor