On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Marcin Kozak wrote:

Sorry. I'm using Windows XP and R 2.7.0, and the same problem occurred
for various graphics devices (windows, pdf, jpeg).

I don't see it for pdf -- that's probably a viewer artefact and you need to look at higher resolution.

For windows() and jpeg() it is rasterization.

Marcin

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Prof Brian Ripley