________________________________
De : David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net>
À : Jeff Newmiller <jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>

oject.org>
Envoyé le : Dimanche 6 novembre 2016 16h35
Objet : Re: [R] Problem with downloading library(Rcmdr)

> On Nov 6, 2016, at 6:10 AM, Jeff Newmiller <jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>
> I am not aware of a "-1" option for R CMD INSTALL  [1]. Nor do I have a
> Macintosh.

It compiles from the MacGUI console using an ordinary call (no extra
environment variables need be set) to install.packages, and then loads without
error on my Mac running R 3.3.1 patched. (I do have a full set of tools and a
current version of Rcpp, reference to which which showed up in the compiler
messages.)  If I had been using the Unix command line I would have offer a full
path to the *.tar.gz file and not used that "minus one" option.

The Imports line in the DESCRIPTION file:

Imports: MASS, quantreg, nlme, mgcv, stringr, magic, robustbase, Rcpp(>= 0.11.1)

--
David.

> Do be prepared to keep reading the documentation once you get past this
> point, as the whole reason you are doing this is that the original maintainer
> chose to not fix whatever problems existed in that package, and I have never
> used that package. Those problems might be minor, or they might be extensive.
>
> [1]
> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

te:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> Many thanks for your reply.I know that R packages can be downloaded as
>> "tar.gz" file for Mac OS X from CRAN sources. I have found on Internet
>> that the command is the following :
>>
>> R CMD INSTALL -1 rlme_0.4.tar.gz
>>
>> When I run that command on my R console, I get an error as you can read
>> here below.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>>

>>> R CMD INSTALL -1 rlme_0.4.tar.gz
>> Erreur : unexpected symbol in "R CMD"