> On 10 Nov 2016, at 16:30 , erlis ruli <erlis.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here comes the questions. Is it possible to modify Helmert contrasts in order
> to use weighted means instead of means of means?

I think not. Not in general. I suppose you can set up a contrast matrix that
would make the intercept equal to the overall mean, but the definition would
depend on the group sizes. Contrast matrices are by design something that
specifies a mapping FROM parameter space TO observation space and shouldn't
depend on which observations you have or don't have.

Put differently, you would have to modify the entire design matrix if you
removed a few rows.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501