Stationarity is a statement about a stochastic process, not about a single realization. It is a statement about what might have happened, not what did happen.

A sine wave with a random (uniform) wave is stationary, and indeed the superposition of such waves is the spectral decomposition. A sine wave with a fixed phase is not.

So stationarity is a modelling assumption. This comes up often in the geosciences when you have just one realization. For example look at earth temperature series -- whether they are stationary is a modelling assumption, and may in part depend on the timescale involved. But for example James Lovelock's Gaia hypothesis implies stationarity.