Hi,

It's hard to know what to advise - much depends upon the XML data you have and
what you want to extract from it. Without knowing about those two things there
is little anyone could do to help.  Can you post to the internet a to example
data and provide the link here?  Then state explicitly what you want to have in
hand at the end.

If you are just starting out I suggest that you try xml2 package (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xml2/ ) rather than XML package (
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/ ). I have been using it much more
since the authors added the ability to create xml nodes (rather than just
extracting data from existing xml nodes).

Cheers,
Ben

P.S.  Hello to my niece Olivia S on the Bates EMS team.

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 11:27 AM, Andrew Lachance <alach...@bates.edu> wrote:
>
> up votdown votefavorite
> <http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/254328/how-to-convert-a-large-xml-file-to-a-csv-file-using-r?noredirect=1#>
>
> I am completely new to R and have tried to use several functions within the
> xml packages to convert an XML to a csv and have had little success. Since
> I am so new, I am not sure what the necessary steps are to complete this
> conversion without a lot of NA.
>
> --
> Andrew D. Lachance
> Chief of Service, Bates Emergency Medical Service
> Residence Coordinator, Hopkins House
> Bates College Class of 2017
> alach...@bates.edu <wcur...@bates.edu>
> (207) 620-4854