Hi R people

I am using a function to create a pdf device, then send a lot of plots
to it in a loop then a last lattice xyplot (itself within a function)
outside the loop and finally call dev.off() to write to the file.
This works well apart from the fact that the last plot does not get
sent to the file unless I comment out dev.off() and then apply it in
the console afterwards instead:

        plot_stuff( ...); dev.off()

The device is opened like this:

        pdf( paste( var_string, ".pdf", sep="" ), onefile=TRUE, paper="a4r",
width=9, height=6.5 )

Also, if I try to send two different xyplots after the loop only the
last one ever gets written to the file, whether or not I apply the
dev.off() trick above.

Any thoughts on why this stuff happens and best ways to avoid it are
appreciated.

Other info -> R 2.7.1 on Intel Mac 10.5.3.

TIA

Michael

     Hopkins Research      Touch the Future