On 2017/4/7 23:13, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
I think it is a fundamental characteristic of graphics drivers that output will
look different in the details... you are on a wild goose chase. Postscript in
particular has a huge advantage in font presentation over other graphics output
mechanisms.

I agreed with your opinion on Postscript.

However, as shown in the attached plots in previous post, the glyph metric info for any CID-keyed font is based on assumption in R. In fact, it's not possible to get the metric info of a CID-keyed font without accessing the actual font which may be in truetype or opentype/CFF format. And, I don't think R could find the actual font.

Best,
Jinsong