Now that this mailing list seems to have managed to eliminate the malign influence of nabble, some clever Johnny seems to have come up with a new way to cloud the lines of communication. I have started receiving r-help emails from r-help-arch...@googlegroups.com. It seems that one cannot reply to this address --- at least I can't. I tried a couple of times and got bounces.

However I just received from r-help@r-project.org a reply by Jeff Newmiller to one of the posts that I received via "r-help-archive". So it seems that *Jeff* can reply to these things.

So am I doing something wrong, or is "r-help-archive" messing things up for other people as well? And if the latter, can something be done to remove its malign influence?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS