R-helpers:
I'm reading "Advanced R" (Wickham), which provides his way, quoted below, of
keeping variables. This cherry-picking approach clearly is not practical with a
large dataset.

"If you know the columns you don’t want, use set operations to work out which
colums to keep: df[setdiff(names(df), "z")]"

I'm looking for a way of producing an output of 1000 plus variables, such that
I can get a clean listing of variables, not like from st(), that are easily
copy-pastable for selecting the variables I want to keep.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks.
Bruce