On 01/09/2017 7:37 PM, Yingrui Liu wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

How to use getSymbols() to get annual data? For example, I need the annual
stock price of APPLE from the year 2000 to 2016. How to write the command? I
only know how to get the daily data. It is:

getSymbols("AAPL",from="2000-01-01",to="2016-12-31")

Presumably you'd need to loop over the years: get all the daily data in a year, calculate the overall High and Low, take the Open from the first date, the Close from the last one, and repeat.

Duncan Murdoch