Hello,

Much clearer now, thanks.
It's a matter of changing the function boot calls to return the predicted values at the point of interess, education = 50, income = 75.

I have changed the way the function uses the indices a bit, the result is the same, it's just the way I usually do it.

pred.duncan.function <- function(data, indices) {
    mod <- lm(prestige ~ education + income, data = data[indices, ])
    new <- data.frame(education = 50, income = 75)
    predict(mod, newdata = new)
}

set.seed(94)    # make the results reproducible

Predicted <- boot(Duncan, pred.duncan.function , 1000)
head(Predicted)
Predicted$t0
boot.ci(Predicted, index = 1, conf = 0.95, type=c("basic", "norm", "perc", "bca"))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas