Also note that there is an R-sig-geo mailing list dedicated to this topic.

You might also like to look at [1] for more on coordinate projections.

[1]
https://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/~frazier/RSpatialGuides/OverviewCoordinateReferenceSystems.pdf

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018, Roman Lu?trik wrote:

You will need to coerce your data into a "spatial" kind, as implemented in
`sp` or as of late, `sf` packages. You might want to give the vignettes a
whirl before you proceed.
Roughly, you will have to coerce the data to Spatial* (you could go for a
point, raster or grid type, I think) and also specify the projection. Once
you have that, plotting should be handled by packages.

Here are a few quick links that might come handy:

https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html
http://www.datacarpentry.org/R-spatial-raster-vector-lesson/10-vector-csv-to-shapefile-in-r/

Cheers,
Roman