I would like to suppressed printing of retrievable results in a
procedure and to print only when retrieved.

In line 10 below I call procedure "try" and get matrices A,B,C all
printed upon a call to the procedure. I get around this unwanted
printing by calling with v<-try(A,B) as in line 11.

Any way to suppress printing of the retrievable results listed in the
structure command? Thank you, and Merry Christmas to all.

A<-matrix(rpois(16,lambda=5),nrow=4,byrow=T)
B<-diag(4)

try<-function(A,B){
  C<-A+B
  cat("\nC:\n"); print(C)