Thanks for your valuable clarifications.
I tried all the steps again but the problem remains.
In fact,  "fviz_nbclust" is a function inside the package "factoextra".
I run each step very carefully but the problem remains...It doesn't
make sense because I have installed factoextra.

This warning appears:
could not find function "fviz_nbclust"

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM Jeff Newmiller <jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

> Concept 1: You don't install functions... you install packages that have
> functions in them. There is a function fviz_nbclust in factoextra.
>
> Concept 2: Once a package is installed, you do NOT have to install it again,
> e.g. every time you want to do that analysis. Making the installation part of
> your script is not advised.
>
> Concept 3: Typically we do use the library function with a package name at
> the beginning of every session where we want to use functions from that
> package. However, that is optional... you could also just invoke the function
> directly using factoextra::fviz_nbclust(...blahblah...). Having the library
> function shortens this and if the package is not installed it provides a
> clear error message that can be a reminder to the user to install the package.
>
> Execute your code line by line and solve the first error you encounter by
> examining the error message and reviewing what that line of code is designed
> to do.
>
> On January 16, 2019 11:00:07 AM PST, N Meriam <meriam....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I'm struggling to install a function called "fviz_nbclus".
> >
> >My code is the following:
> >pkgs <- c("factoextra",  "NbClust")
> >install.packages(pkgs)
> >library(factoextra)
> >library(NbClust)
> ># Standardize the data
> >load("df4.rda")
> >library(FunCluster)
> >
> >install.packages("fviz_nbclust")
> >#fviz_nbclust(df4, FUNcluster, method = c("silhouette", "wss",
> >"gap_stat"))
> >
> >Installing package into ‘C:/Users/DELL/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
> >(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> >Warning in install.packages :
> >  package ‘fviz_nbclust’ is not available (for R version 3.5.2)
> >
> >Best,
> >Meriam

Meriam Nefzaoui
MSc. in Plant Breeding and Genetics
Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco (UFRPE) - Recife, Brazil