Yes, I should have mentioned that I tried this same line of code and I still
got an error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.dun...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:32 AM
To: Prophet, William <william.prop...@kochind.com>; r-help@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] package MCMCpack

Sent by an external sender

On 04/12/2019 8:47 a.m., Prophet, William wrote:
> I am running R on my work computer with the following parameters:
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 3.5.3 (2019-03-11)
> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit) Running under: Windows >= 8
> x64 (build 9200)
>

> I am trying to install the "MCMCpack" library. In the process however, I
> receive the message:
>
>> install.packages("MCMCpack")
>
> Warning in install.packages :
>
>    package 'MCMCpack' is not available (for R version 3.5.3)
>

> I have tried to install earlier versions of the "MCMCpack" library which I
> obtained from the following website:
> https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/MCMCpack/
>
> using the following code:
> packageurl <-
> "https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/MCMCpack/MCMCpack_1.2-4.tar.gz";
> install.packages(packageurl, type="source")

That's not the way to install a tarball.  You should use

install.packages(packageurl, type="source", repos=NULL)

However, you may still have problems:  when I tried that, the install failed
because of C++ errors.  I don't know if configure options (e.g.
specifying a particular version of C++) would have fixed the problems.

Duncan Murdoch