I'm struggling to come up to speed with rgl. At the moment, I'm struggling with
the function arrows3d(). In the R documentation for that, two
parameters/arguments are mentioned: "thickness" (of the arrow's shaft) and
"width" (of the arrow's shaft).
Naively, I would expect the arrow's shaft under normal circumstances to be
cylindrical and its width or thickness would reduce to the single parameter
"diameter." Then in some cases like plotting a 2-dimensional arrow on a
2-dimensional surface embedded in a 3D space, things like "width" would have an
obvious meaning.
Would someone explain this to me, including the difference between width and
thickness.
Thanks in advance.