Hi, all,

I'm having a new (for me) problem with tidycensus. When I attempt to pull data
at the zcta level using get_acs, I get "GEOMETRYCOLLECTION EMPTY" in the
geometry column. It does not happen when I pull data at the census tract level.
This is also a fairly new problem, because I was using old code that I wrote
and successfully generated maps from in the past. Any thoughts? Here are some
code snippets that you can run to see what I am talking about:

zcta_test<-get_acs(geography="zcta",
                       variables=(c(all_pop = "B03002_001",
                                    white_pop = "B03002_003",
                                    black_pop = "B03002_004",
                                    latin_pop = "B03002_012")),
                       geometry=T, cache=T )

ct_test<-get_acs(geography="tract", state="51",
                 variables=(c(all_pop = "B03002_001",
                              white_pop = "B03002_003",
                              black_pop = "B03002_004",
                              latin_pop = "B03002_012")),
                 geometry=T, cache=T )

M. Omar Faison, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Biology
Associate Vice President, Research, Economic Development, and Graduate Studies
Virginia State University
Petersburg, VA 23806
(804) 524-6793
http://twitter.com/omarfaison<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__twitter.com_omarfaison&d=DwMFaQ&c=x0kF_uL9Aj8Nho9NV_Y5N0VRgus3JhNu4ET-UrQfa2c&r=IxtcqU8MuUxaq7uVsaxQkg&m=c2Jz-ZN8dT7jr1ymvzj06YmlEcGQKIlxGcJ241xeVvc&s=9hWiMv7VHiP6W763kVu0J8RpEijbsKpHXY9CDrs7buc&e=>
At VSU, we are proudly committed to providing a transformative experience for
our students, strategically investing in our academic programs, embracing our
position as a top Land Grant University, embracing our role as Virginia's
Opportunity University, and partnering together as a University to tell our
story.

"The information in this email and any attachments may be confidential and
privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient) please
notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email and any
copies from your computer and/or storage system. The sender does not authorize
the use, distribution, disclosure or reproduction of this email (or any part of
its contents) by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). No representation
is made that this email and any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning
is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient."