Hello,

Here is a way.

ggplot(jjdata, aes(x=x, y=y))+
  geom_point(size=2,shape=1)+
  geom_text(x=3, y=7.5, label=expression(paste(R^2 == '0.23')))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Às 19:32 de 29/01/2022, Sorkin, John escreveu:
Can you help me create text that has a superscript 2?

I am trying to add text within the body of a plot created with ggplot. I what
the text to R-squared = 0.23. I want R-squared to be shown in standard
notation, i.e. capital R followed by a super-script 2 and then =0.23 as
standard (i.e. non-superscripted text). I have tried the follow, but it does
not work:

jjdata <- data.frame(x=1:10,y=1:10)
jjdata
ggplot(jjdata, aes(x=x, y=y))+
   geom_point(size=2,shape=1)+
   geom_text(x=3, y=7.5, label='R^2=0.23')

The result I get follows the text of the label argument perfectly. The carrot
(^) is included in the printed text; it is not interpreted as a command to set
the 2 as a superscript. How do I make the 2 into a superscript?

Thank you,
Joh