Hi Enrico,

You bring me the missing piece of my understanding to my conceptual planning and cost counting to avoid delivery costs being greater than acceptable.

Much appreciated.

*Stephen Dawson, DSL*
/Executive Strategy Consultant/
Business & Technology
+1 (865) 804-3454
http://www.shdawson.com

On 9/29/22 05:24, Enrico Schumann wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2022, Stephen H. Dawson, DSL via R-help writes:

Hi All,

I am writing with a question about choosing the line
ending aspect of a file, please.

I use write.csv and write.table to export work to CSV
files and TXT files. I am planning now on how to share
my work with the Windows crowd beyond only sharing with
the Linux crowd. I use my text editor to flip the line
ending option from Linux to Windows after
exporting. This is inefficient for me to accomplish if
I ramp up production as I expect will occur.

Staying with the character encoding of UTF-8 seems fine
for now from what I understand I need to deliver to my
customers.

What seems more efficient to me is to learn how to use
R to define the line ending aspect of the exported
file. I have not found if this is an option within R.

QUESTION
Is it possible within R to define the line ending aspect of file output?

Kindest Regards,
Just a remark: there is a "standard" for CSV,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4180.
It always requires CRLF as the line ending.