Dear members,
                            I will be running scripts automatically in RHEL
with crontab. I want to know the differences between running  a script and a
function. in particular:

  1.  An execution environment will be created for the function. what about a
script? Is the execution environment the global environment?
  2.  What happens if I use return() at the end of a script?
  3.  I came to know that when you use R CMD BATCH, a file will be created and
the output will be saved to the file. How do I output what I want to output in
a script? Should I use return()? Will ALL the intermediate objects be stored ?
  4.  When I run a script, it will have access to the objects in the global
environment right? i.e I can use all the functions in the global environment,
right?
  5.  Any links to resources for further information? How do i access the
relevant documentation?

ANy help will be greatly appreciated...

thanking you,
yours sincerely,