Dear ,

On 2023-03-23 11:08 a.m., Anupam Tyagi wrote:
Thanks, John.

However, loess.smooth() is producing a very different curve compared to the one that results from applying predict() on a loess(). I am guessing they are using different defaults. Correct?

No need to guess. Just look at the help pages ?loess and ?loess.smooth. If you don't like the default for loess.smooth(), just specify the arguments you want.

Best,
 John