On 2024-06-20 2:01 a.m., DynV Montrealer wrote:
I need to do a non-English report including the red line from plot(aov,
which=1), which I don't know how to reproduce. I'm thinking that if I
replace the labels that it would be good (so no English remains). What I
have so far is almost what I need, the only thing that needs to change is
what's right above the plot: Residuals vs Fitted; I'd like it to either be
changed to "Résidus vs Valeurs prédites" or not be displayed. Covering up
"Residuals vs Fitted" seems like a good alternative, perhaps to do so would
require plot(aov, which=1) to be assigned in an object then modify that
object then display it. How I got to where I am:
my_aov <- aov(...) plot(my_aov, which=1, ann=FALSE) title(main="Mon titre",
xlab="Valeurs prédites", ylab="Résidus")

Thank you kindly for your help

Plotting an aov object is done by stats:::plot.lm. From the help page ?plot.lm, I think the value that you want to change is the "caption" argument, i.e.

 plot(my_aov, which=1, ann=FALSE,
       caption = "Résidus vs Valeurs prédites")
 title(xlab="Valeurs prédites", ylab="Résidus", main="Mon titre")

You can use `caption = NA` to suppress it.

Duncan Murdoch