I am estimating fairly simple zero-inflated negative binomial models in
glmmTMB.  The models have just two factors and their interaction, a total of 4
levels.  I was trying to use emmeans() to obtain estimates and 95% CI for these
four levels.  However, when I use emmeans() with the arguments
component="response", type ="response", I do not get estimates that look like
the negative binomial (conditional) part of the model multiplied by 1 -
zero-inflation probability.  Not sure what I am getting and have not found
documentation yet.  I can get the negative binomial part with arguments
response = "cond" , type = "response" and the zero-inflated parts with
arguments response="zi", type = "response" and easily relate these back to
parameter estimates.  How do I get the zero-inflated mean negative binomial
counts estimated in emmeans?  I was led to believe that components="response" ,
type = "response" would do that but that does not seem to be the case.

Thank you

Brian

Brian S. Cade, PhD

U. S. Geological Survey (emeritus)