On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, S Ellison wrote:

Looking at the legend() source the filled box line colour is hardcoded :
   if (mfill) {
       if (plot) {
           fill <- rep(fill, length.out = n.leg)
           rect2(left = xt, top = yt + ybox/2, dx = xbox, dy = ybox,
               col = fill, density = density, angle = angle,
               border = "black")
       }
       xt <- xt + dx.fill
   }

... so it looks like you can have any colour as long as it's black.

However, you could copy the legend code (type legend<CR> to see it, then
paste it into a text editor, modify the "black" to, say, par("fg") or
even add your own extra parameter to the function, then just paste the
function back into your own version.

Unfortunately this does not work.  I even tried to rename "legend" to
"mylegend" to make sure that my changed version is really used. If I
do so I get

   Error: could not find function "mylegend"

which explains why the changed function legend seems not to be used -
the function definition just pasted in the R script before I call the
legend function is ignored.

Despite the fact that this does not work I'm looking for a simple way
to put the new definition in an extra file that is just included by
my R - scripts (I have more than one).  I'm thinking of a similar thing
like "\input" for TeX or "#include" for C or something like that to store
the hack in a separate file.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--