Dear R users

I plot the trellis graphics by using the lattice package.  Everything is
OK.  Now, I want set
some parameters of the trellis graphics.

1. The tick label site.  By default, only two tick labels had been output in
x-axis of my plot.
I want output four or five tick labels.  In the traditional graphics system,
it will be very easy.
Just not output the axis in plot by use the parameter xaxt="n", and then
used axis to add
the axis.  But it seem useless in the grid graphics system.  Then how can I
do it?

2. How to change the margin of the figure?

3. Can I change the style of the figure like par in traditional system.  For
example, I want
change all the fontface into bold.  Now, I must change the fontface for
every item by using
command trellis.par.set() like this:

trellis.par.set(list(par.xlab.text = gpar(font = 2),
                         par.ylab.text = gpar(font = 2),
                         axis.text = gpar(font = 2),
                         add.text = gpar(font=2)
                   ))

is there a method to change this parameter in one time, like par(font=2)

thanks

G.H.Zuo