Unfortunately, when I get to the 'myCuts' line, I receive the following error:

Error: evaluation nested too deeply: infinite recursion / options(expressions=)?

...and I also receive warnings about memory allocation being reached (even
though I've already used memory.limit() to maximise the memory) - this is a
fairly sizeable dataset afterall, 2160 rows by 4320 columns.

Therefore I was wondering if there are any alternative ways of coarsening a
dataset? Or are there any packages/commands built for this sort of thing?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks again,

Steve