By the way, I enjoyed the y0k discussion...

Thanks!!

Dave H

On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: zerfetzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 28, 2008 11:32:04 AM PDT
To: r-help@r-project.org
Subject: [R] Legality Question about R's Open Source GNU GPL License

Hi,
I use R at home, and am interested in using it at my work company (which is in the Fortune 100). I began the request, and our legal team has given some gruff about the open source license. Not boring you with the details here, but I used some info on gnu.org as a rebuttal, and someone at the company replied that the generalities of GNU GPL may differ from R's specific GNU GPL license, and that I should refer specifically to it, and it should be on
the CRAN website.

I may be blind, but haven't seen such a document. Does one exist, and how may I obtain it? I believe they are wrong. Our legal team is notorious for being overly conservative, and I'm personally betting they think I won't look into it, and then they won't have to deal with it. But I will, and I
want to use R.  Thanks.

PS
Sorry if the document was posted and obvious, and I simply couldn't find it.
Thanks.

David Henderson, Ph.D.
Director of Community
REvolution Computing