Hi everybody,

I am reading the Lomb paper (Lomb, 1976) and I found an interesting
equation, and I wish to resolve it using R. I am wondering if anybody has a
hint. The equation is:

Yis[i] = a*cos((2*pi/T)*(Times[i] - Tau))  + b*sin((2*pi/T)*(Times[i] -
Tau)) ... (1)

Where T and Tau are constants.  I know the "Times" and "Tis" values (in fact
these values come from a Time Series), and I need found the values of a and
b. I can resolve the eq. (1) using a pencil and paper (expanding this as a
linear system of equation), it is not a difficult problem, although I am not
able to resolve it using R.

Any hint or advice would be very appreciated,

Thank you so much

--
Josue  Polanco