Thanks for the help guys,

i think i needed to be a bit more explicit however (sorry)

There are lots of variables between each exposure and the values are nominal
with upto 6 values..
And to add to the problem the datasets i deal with range from anything upto
5G.

My guess is that the melt function would be inefficient in this situation.

I was looking at the agrep function to count the number Exposures in the
names() , i wasn't sure of how to count if there was a value in each one but
the y[complete.cases(y),] looks like a nice function.

Is this a good path to follow?

--
Michael Pearmain
Senior Statistical Analyst

1st Floor, 180 Great Portland St. London W1W 5QZ
t +44 (0) 2032191684
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Doubleclick is a part of the Google group of companies

"If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to
anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please
erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the sender
know it went to the wrong person. Thanks."