Hi Kevin,

I think easiest way would be to create a single dataset with both
years in, and then work from that:

t2008$year <- 2008
t2007$year <- 2007

tall <- rbind(t2007, t2008)
mall <- melt(tall,
id.var=c("DayOfYear","Category","SubCategory","Sku", "year"),
measure.var=c("Quantity")

cast(mall, DayOfYear ~ variable | Sku, sum)
cast(mall, Year + DayOfYear ~ variable | Sku, sum)

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/