Quick disclaimer: I'm new to the list and I'm not sure if I'm sending this
to the correct forum.  If there is a better place for questions like these,
please let me know!

Dear R List,
    I'm interested in modifying a regression tree algorithm to use the
difference between a control and a dosed sample as its dependent variable.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find code to implement a basic
chaid algorithm.  Is it possible to access the code inside of R?  Is there
another place I can find the basic algorithm already coded.
    I'd prefer a chaid-like algorithm over a c&rt like algorithm, as my
sample is small.  I'm  a reasonably good programmer, a background in C++ and
experience in many different languages.
    I'd very much appreciate any thoughts.
Thank you!
David Cobey

PS. Of course, if this has been done before, I'd be very grateful for the
opportunity to save myself the trouble of reprogramming it myself!