Hello Professor Ripely,

Sorry for not being clear.  I posted after a long day of struggling.  Also
my toy distance matrix should have been symmetrical.

Simply put I have spatially autocorrelated data collected from many points.
I would like to do a linear regression on these data.  To deal with the
autocrrelation I want to resample a subset of my data with replacement but I
need to restrict subsets such that no two locations where data was collected
are closer than Xm apart (further apart than the autocrrelation in the
data).

Thanks for having a look at this for me.  I will look up the hard-core
spatial point process.

Grant