Dear UseRs,
I'm using the library maps. I'm drawing maps of Italy. The map available for
this library were prepared around *1989*:
"This italy database comes from the NUTS III (Tertiary Administrative Units
of the European Community) database of the United Nations Environment
Programme (UNEP) GRID-Geneva data sets. These were prepared around *1989*"
[cited: help("italy")].
The details of this map is by "province", which is not maybe optimal, but is
OK.
However, after 1989 many new province are born. So for example the new
provincia of Rimini has born and the sardinan Island has doubled them.

Some of you do know how to get upgraded maps of italy? I think it would
useful for all Italian mapers.

The second question is as follow: Italy is subdivided in "regioni". Each
"regione" is a set of many province; so, if I want to plot map region-based
index, how can I omit the borders of prince belonging to the same "regione"?
so, how plot maps to a higher unit level?